Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice is perfect for Cinco De Mayo or Potluck! You can use this recipe on the stove, in a rice cooker, or of course in the Instant Pot.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love my super simple Chicken Drumstick recipe! You can pair this rice with those yummy Chicken drumsticks! Dinner will be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Cilantro Lime Rice Ingredients
This easy cilantro lime rice recipe adds flavor before and after cooking the rice. I used green onions, cilantro, Better than Bouillon, bay leaf, salt, limes, AND lemons.
You can use this same recipe with quinoa to make cilantro lime quinoa. Just cook for 2 minutes on high pressure with a 10 minute NPR.
If you like quinoa, you will love my healthy Instant Pot Taco lettuce wraps that have quinoa, beef, and beans! Start to finish, it’s about 20 minutes to the dinner table!
How to make Instant Pot Rice
I cook the rice with chicken broth (water + BTB), bay leaf, green onion, and about half of the cilantro.
The best cook time for regular long grain white rice and Jasmine rice, 3 minutes on high pressure with a 10 minute natural pressure release is best. I use a 1:1.25 ratio of rice to water.
After cooking the rice, make sure to give it a good fluff with a wet fork or rice paddle. I add the juice of half a lemon and half a lime, salt, and finely chopped cilantro.
Adding the citrus and the cilantro after cooking preserves the freshness and beautiful bright green color.
If you decide to use this recipe on the stove top or in a rice maker, just add the additional liquid you normally would for your preferred cooking method (I do about 1:1.5 ratio in my rice cooker).
Remember, there’s no evaporation in the Instant Pot so you can use slightly less water.
Instant Pot white rice
If you want to make regular white rice, follow this recipe for Instant Pot white rice.
Inspired by Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice
Chipotle’s cilantro lime rice is my favorite. They use rice bran oil and citrus juice, which means lemons AND limes. I think these two ingredients make a big difference!
After using lime AND lemon juice in your guacamole, fajitas (recipe coming soon!) and other salsas, you’ll never go back.
Chipotle doesn’t cook their rice with cilantro or green onion, but my favorite Cafe Rio does, so I combined the two ideas. I hope you enjoy!
You may also like:
- Pressure Cooker Spaghetti Squash + FAQ
- Colcannon Recipe- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Kale and Butter
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Instant Pot White Rice
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Cheesy Potatoes
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Deviled Eggs with Bacon, Chives, and a Secret Ingredient + 10 Tips!
- Cilantro Lime Rice (Instant Pot or Rice Maker)
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken + Strawberry BBQ Chicken Salad
- Instant Pot Easy Mac | Boxed Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Dinner
- Instant Pot Broccoli + FAQ
- Instant Pot Artichokes
- Instant Pot Salt Potatoes from Syracuse/Upstate, New York
- Instant Pot Bacon Green Beans
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Perfect Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- 5 Minute Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup Long grain white rice
- 1 1/4 cup Chicken Broth, I use water with Better than Bouillon
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Cilantro
- 1 stalk Chopped Green Onion
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ~3 tbsp Juice of half a Lemon
- ~2 tbsp Juice of half a Lime
- Add rice, chicken broth, green onion, bay leaf, and 2 tbsp cilantro to the Instant Pot. Stir, then lock the lid, turn the knob to sealing, and cook on manual high pressure for 3 minutes. Allow a 10 minute natural pressure release, then release the remaining pressure (if any)
- Fluff the rice with a fork and remove the bay leaf. Add 1/4 tsp salt, citrus juice, and remaining cilantro. Add more salt to taste. Serve with your favorite protein!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g