Instant Pot Drumsticks are a staple at our house! Super easy to make, and the meat is always so tender. The best part? Dinner is done in 30 minutes or less.
I love using my air fryer to crisp the Instant Pot drumsticks up really quick, then toss in a buffalo sauce or lemon parmesan butter! Keto friendly, healthy, and tasty. Can’t ask for much more than that.
These are a hit whenever I mention them on Instagram because they are so crazy easy from fresh OR frozen! I always stock up on the packages of large chicken drumsticks when they go on sale at Smiths for .77/lb.
SUCH a good deal!
Each package usually comes with a dozen, and they feed a crowd. Way better than those tiny little wings with no meat on them!
How to make Instant Pot Drumsticks
- A 1/2 cup of water to the Instant Pot and the trivet.
- Stack the chicken drumsticks in a circular pattern, so the large meat part is resting on top of the handle/bone next to it. Continue to stack as high as you can.
- Lock the lid, turn the knob to Sealing, and cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes (12 minutes for frozen).
- Allow a natural pressure release of 5-10 minutes.
- Broil in the oven or air fryer for 3-6 minutes, toss in your favorite sauce, and enjoy!
Instant Pot Bone Broth
Ps: There will be a LOT of liquid in the pot after making these. Don’t throw it out!! It’s just accidental bone broth now. Use it in my famous, 5 star review chicken noodle soup with homemade egg noodles or Better than Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana!
Woosh. Do you think we can handle it? Seriously, it is SO easy and simple to make Instant Pot drumsticks! You’re gonna LOVE it!
Instant Pot Chicken Drumstick Recipes
I love tossing my Instant Pot Drumsticks in a yummy spicy buffalo sauce with ranch dressing! Brett doesn’t like buffalo flavor (whoareyou), so I whipped up a little lemon parmesan butter one time and we loved them! Just melt some butter, add lemon juice and zest, some parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper and toss the Instant Pot drumsticks in it.
You can add whatever sauce you want after crisping them up- BBQ sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce, or your favorite wing sauce. I’ve included the recipe for buffalo drumsticks and the lemon parm ones below.
Lisa Childs is the food blogger behind Tried, Tested, and True. Join the hundreds of thousands of people each month that learn from Lisa-
Subscribe to her website, follow her on Instagram at @tried_tested_true, follow her on Pinterest, and find her on Youtube at Tried Tested and True. She is passionate about giving home cooks confidence using their Instant Pots. Make sure to sign up for our email newsletter to hear from personally from her weekly! Learn more about Lisa.
What to serve with Instant Pot Drumsticks
- Instant Pot Salt Potatoes
- Instant Pot Broccoli
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Bacon Green Beans
- Instant Pot Strawberry BBQ Chicken Salad
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Watermelon (Watch for the EASIEST way to cut a watermelon EVER!)
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Artichokes
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
You might also enjoy my recipe for The BEST Instant Pot BBQ Ribs!
- 12 Chicken Drumsticks, Bone in
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Soy sauce or salt
Lemon Parmesan Butter Drumsticks
- Juice and Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Parsley, to taste and garnish
- Salt & Pepper , to taste
Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks
- Add water to the Instant Pot with the trivet. Stack chicken drumsticks in a circular pattern for maximum airflow.
- Lock the lid, turn the knob to sealing, and cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes. If using frozen, cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes. Allow a 5-10 minute natural pressure release.
- During the last minutes of pressure cooking, turn the oven to broiler on to high. Prepare sauce variations, if using. Open the Instant Pot lid, and carefully remove the drumsticks with tongs to a broiler pan or foil-lined cookie sheet.
- If eating plain, sprinkle salt and pepper on the drumsticks and broil for 3-6 minutes per side until golden. Alternatively, crisp in the air fryer on 400 degrees for 3-6 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium large bowl and microwave for 2 minutes or until hot. Toss the crisped drumsticks in the sauce and serve with bleu cheese or ranch dressing.
Lemon Parmesan Butter Drumsticks
- Combine all ingredients in a medium large bowl. During the last 2 minutes of broiling, baste each drumstick with some of the butter parmesan sauce. Make sure each drumstick gets a little cheese on it. Broil until the cheese is crisp. Baste with additional sauce before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 3 drumsticks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 867Total Fat: 60gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 441mgSodium: 2391mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 68g