This post may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something I recommend - at no additional cost to you! Thank you for supporting this blog!
One mixture of this Simple Instant Pot yogurt recipe magically turns into 2 beautiful layers of sweet cream yogurt and spiced pumpkin for a sweet treat, inspired by my favorite Noosa Pumpkin Yogurt.
Instant Pot yogurt
First and foremost, if you’ve never made Instant Pot yogurt before, you’re completely missing out! It’s so incredibly easy and seems intimidating, but it’s truly one of the easiest things you can make in your Instant Pot.
My Popular Breakfast recipes
- The Best Avocado Toast
- Instant Pot Yogurt + FAQ (2-Ingredients, Plain or Sweet!)
- Air Fryer Eggs
- Instant Pot Bread Pudding with Butter Rum Sauce
- Instant Pot Oatmeal, 5 Ways!
- Keto Chia Pudding
- Instant Pot Brown Sugar Breakfast Quinoa
- Instant Pot Applesauce
- Healthy Overnight Oatmeal
- Instant Pot Egg Bites with Bacon and Cheddar
- Air Fryer Sausage Patties
- Air Fryer Bacon
I answer every question you could possibly have about making simple Instant Pot yogurt here, so check it out there if you have any questions.
I also have a video on Youtube sharing with you how to make Instant Pot yogurt easily at home!
Instant Pot pumpkin yogurt
I LOVE Noosa’s pumpkin yogurt– it’s almost like dessert! Their yogurt has a layer of a pumpkin cream cheese mixture at the bottom, topped with their Australian yogurt on top.
It’s seriously so good- it has thousands of 5-star reviews on grocery websites!
If you ever find it- you should definitely buy the Noosa pumpkin yogurt!
I love it so much, I wanted to try making something similar. So I experimented a little bit and created my own individual pumpkin yogurt recipe.
The best part about this yogurt (besides the fact you made it yourself!!) is that you can completely control the amount of sugar and spice you put in it. It really is one of my most favorite pumpkin dishes, and I’ve got a lot of ’em.
Ingredients and supplies for pumpkin yogurt
In addition to the 2 ingredients you need to make Simple Instant Pot Yogurt, you’ll need a couple more things to make your magical pumpkin yogurt:
- An Instant Pot with a Yogurt Setting (NOT an Instant Pot Lux)
- Mini Mason Jars or Ramekins
- Instant Pot Trivet or rack
- Ultra Pasteurized Milk (Whole milk Fairlife is best)
- Starter (pre-made yogurt with live active cultures- I use my previous batch of Instant Pot yogurt)
- Sugar or Sweetener
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
Low Carb Yogurt Option
I have made this recipe with wonderful results using white cane sugar, as well as stevia and monkfruit sweetener. I love using Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener and it is a delicious low carb alternative if you also use Fairlife milk.
The Lakanto brand sweetener is the best low carb sweetener I have used and I highly recommend it!
To make sure the yogurt is the sweetness you prefer, just give the milk mixture a little taste before you incubate it! I prefer to use a little less sugar in my yogurt, so you may add more to taste.
Check out my other low carb or Keto Instant Pot recipes– They are either all low carb or have low carb alternatives listed.
Individual Pumpkin Yogurt
I prefer to make my pumpkin yogurt in clear, individual mason jars so you can see the beautiful layers and have a pre-portioned serving. The visual is stunning!
If you prefer not to make this yogurt in jars, you may incubate in the Instant Pot liner just like my Instant Pot yogurt recipe. The layers will still form so you’ll have to scoop it out from the liner individually for best results.
I know you’ll love this Noosa Pumpkin yogurt copycat recipe! Let me know if you give it a try!
Two Layered Instant Pot Pumpkin Yogurt
- 4 1/2 cups ultra pasteurized whole milk
- 2 teaspoons yogurt starter such as store bought plain yogurt with live active cultures
- 6 tablespoons sugar sweetened condensed milk, or sweetener for low carb version*
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 tablespoons [1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon] pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup water
- Pour water into Instant Pot and add the trivet.
- Mix all ingredients (except the water) together very thoroughly and distribute evenly into 6, 8 ounce mason jars or ramekins (It's just a little more than 3/4 cup each). Cover with plastic wrap or foil.
- Stack jars or ramekins evenly onto the trivet.
- Close the lid, turn the knob to Venting.
- Press the Yogurt button and adjust to Normal. Then, adjust time to 6 hours.
- Transfer the yogurt to the fridge and chill at least 8 hours or overnight, then serve.