*This post may contain affiliate links. This means as an Amazon Associate and affiliate for other products, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Air Fryer Sausage Patties are the easiest way to get protein in the morning. They get nice and crispy without drying out—all without any extra fat or grease!
Air fryer frozen sausage patties
Making frozen sausage patties in the air fryer is one of my go-to options for breakfast. Because I try to avoid eating carbs in the morning, our breakfasts are usually mostly protein—which means that these patties are perfect.
It’s common for people to buy fresh sausage patties (and they work great), but for convenience, I always buy the big bag of Tyson 100% All Natural Sausage Patties from Costco. These ones are thin—maybe a quarter of an inch. Some frozen sausage patties I’ve seen are thicker (about a centimeter thick).
You can cook any thickness of frozen sausage patty in the air fryer without defrosting!
Best air fryer to buy
To make these air fryer sausage patties, I use my Vortex Air Fryer. With that said, there’s a lot that goes into choosing which air fryer is right for you!
How to cook frozen sausage patties in air fryer
The best part about making frozen sausage patties in the air fryer is that there’s no defrosting or “work” involved. You simply place the frozen patties in the cold OR preheated air fryer basket and cook them to your liking.
Since the sausage patties are usually very thin, I don’t even have to flip them most of the time. There’s no extra grease or oil required, and they’re done in only a couple of minutes.
If you like your sausage patties more pliable and just “warmed,” cook them at 400º until just warmed through, about 2–3 minutes. If (like me) you like them a little crispier, you’ll cook for about 5–7 minutes.
I purchase fully cooked sausage patties so the only danger is a cold patty—never a raw one. If your sausage patties are frozen and raw, you’ll want to make extra sure that you cook them until they register a minimum of 165º with an instant read cooking thermometer.
Ground Pork patties in air fryer
Sausage can come in all sorts of variations. If you have a log of raw sausage that you’ve cut into patties, you can cook them in the air fryer the same way as you’d fry them on the stove! Cut and shape the sausage into patties, and cook at 400º for 6–9 minutes depending on the thickness of the patties
How to cook sausage links in air fryer
If you have sausage links, they take even less time than patties and can be cooked from frozen in 2–5 minutes. Again, add a couple of minutes if you’re cooking raw sausage links.
Other breakfast food ideas
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs + Air Fryer Hard Boiled Egg Test
- The Best Avocado Toast
- Instant Pot Yogurt + FAQ (2-Ingredients, Plain or Sweet!)
- Air Fryer Eggs
- 2-layer Pumpkin Yogurt – Noosa Inspired
- Instant Pot Bread Pudding with Butter Rum Sauce
- Instant Pot Oatmeal, 5 Ways!
- Instant Pot Brown Sugar Breakfast Quinoa
- 2-layer Pumpkin Yogurt – Noosa Inspired
- Instant Pot Applesauce
- Instant Pot Egg Bites with Bacon and Cheddar
- Air Fryer Sausage Patties
- Air Fryer Bacon
- German Pancakes (Dutch Baby) and Vanilla Bean Syrup
Lisa Childs is the food blogger behind Tried, Tested, and True. Join the hundreds of thousands of people each month that learn from Lisa-
Subscribe to her website, follow her on Instagram at @tried_tested_true, follow her on Pinterest, and find her on Youtube at Tried Tested and True. She is passionate about giving home cooks confidence using their Instant Pots. Make sure to sign up for our email newsletter to hear from personally from her weekly! Learn more about Lisa.
- 4 Sausage patties (precooked, raw, links, frozen, or fresh)*
- Preheat the air fryer to 400º F.
- Place sausage patties into the air fryer basket, keeping space between the patties to ensure maximum air flow. Do not stack or layer.
- For flexible but cooked sausage patties, cook for about 2–3 minutes. For crispier sausage patties, cook for about 5–7 minutes. For raw frozen patties, cook about 7-9 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165º.
- You may flip them halfway through cooking for extra even crispiness. Serve immediately.
I use Tyson 100% All Natural Sausage Patties from Costco.
Much like a microwave, every air fryer cooks slightly differently, even at the same temperature. Experiment with your own air fryer to see what works best for you.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 220mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g