This post may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something I recommend - at no additional cost to you! Thank you for supporting this blog!
Lemon Garlic Chicken and Rice is a super simple one pot meal made in the Instant Pot using easy to find ingredients that the whole family will love.
Add Broccoli for a Complete Meal!
I served with Instant Pot Broccoli. However, last time I made it I just added chopped broccoli florets straight into the pot after opening the lid.
Then, I replaced the lid and let the residual heat steam the broccoli for about 5-8 minutes until tender. ONE POT MEAL!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love my super simple Chicken Drumstick recipe! Dinner will be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Instant Pot One Pot Meals
Instant Pot One Pot Meals are meals that can be “dumped” into the Instant Pot and produce 75-100% of the entire meal. Some of these dishes are good on their own, and some may be nice with a vegetable side dish.
- Pineapple Ham and Cheesy Potatoes
- Meatloaf Cupcakes with Teriyaki Glaze
- Instant Pot Easy Mac
- Chicken Thighs with Lemon Garlic Rice Pilaf
- Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mushroom Gravy and Butternut Squash Mashed Potatoes
- The Best Instant Pot Ribs
- Healthy Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Instant Pot Cajun Sausage and Rice
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs with Lemon Garlic Rice Pilaf
- 6 Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1.5 Cups long grain white rice
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Better than Bouillon Chicken
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 3 Tablespoons Italian or white balsamic citrus basil dressing substitute with 1 T. each lemon juice and olive oil mixed with 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley Flakes
- 2 Teaspoons Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Broccoli Florets Optional
- Add butter (or oil if you’re wanting dairy free) to the Instant Pot on High Saute.
- Allow the butter to slightly brown and get fragrant. Dump in the rice and stir to coat and get toasty, 3-5 minutes.
- In a liquid measuring cup, mix together water with Better than Bouillon (you can just use chicken broth if you have it). To the cup, add lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of garlic, and salad dressing or substitution (I used White Balsamic Citrus Basil salad dressing from Costco)
- Stir the liquid into the rice. Ensure there aren’t any burned bits of rice to the bottom of the pot. Then, layer frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs on top of the rice. Top the chicken with garlic powder, pepper, oregano, lemon slices, and parsley.
- Lock the lid, turn the knob to sealing, and cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes with a 5 minutes natural pressure release. I served with Instant Pot Broccoli. I thought it was really yummy topped with some more lemon juice, lemon zest, and a little fresh salt right on top.
- Optional: After opening the lid, the first time, add uncooked small broccoli florets right on top of the chicken and rice. Replace the lid, and let steam in the residual heat for 5-10 minutes until cooked through, depending on the size of florets. Then stir and serve.