*This post may contain affiliate links. This means as an Amazon Associate and affiliate for other products, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
This Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potato recipe is so simple and delicious! Mine is an untraditional meatloaf with a perfectly sweet teriyaki glaze.
This meatloaf recipe is one I’ve been making for years, but my first time making it in the Instant Pot! Brett absolutely despises meatloaf, so I only make it when he goes out of town or when I get a huge craving for it and he’s okay eating a tuna sandwich for dinner.
He took a bite of it, but that’s it. I used dried minced onion because one of the things he hates most about most meatloaf are the onion pieces. Since I knew he was unimpressed, I asked him what I could do to make him enjoy it.
“If you can make it not taste like meatloaf, I might like it.”
Unhelpful, babe. *eyeroll*
Instant Pot Meatloaf, a One Pot Meal!
How cute are these individual mini meatloaf cupcakes? I have gotten so many requests recently for a meatloaf and mashed potato recipe, so I am so excited to share this with you today! Wouldn’t it be fun for April Fool’s Day? One Pot meals are always so nice to have in your back pocket.
Easy Meatloaf Recipe
This easy meatloaf recipe is a one-pot wonder where you cook the meatloaf and mashed potatoes in the same pot! I make the teriyaki glaze in a separate pot on the stove, but it could even be made in the microwave in a pinch.
I’ve never heard of anyone else doing meatloaf this way with the teriyaki type sauce, but it’s the only way I make it!
Most recipes have a parmesan cheese and ketchup base, but mine has more of an Asian twist. The meatloaf is simple without a lot of filler, and the teriyaki glaze is super sweet and savory! It’s sooo good!
How to make Meatloaf
This recipe is inspired by my mom, who always explains to me how to make teriyaki sauce (even though I’ve made it a million times- never with a recipe!)
All you need to do to make meatloaf is mix up a meat mixture and shape it into whatever you want.
If you don’t have silicone liners, you can form it into a small loaf and place it in a small cake pan or other oven-safe dish (adjust the cooking time accordingly)
The meatloaf cupcakes cook on top of a trivet or some sort of rack on top of the potatoes. I like using this silicone pressure cooking sling that perfectly fits the 7 cupcakes.
Instant Pot Meatloaf “Cupcakes” with Mashed Potato “frosting”
After cooking, I take the meatloaf out and drain any liquid out. This will vary depending on the fat content of your meat. I used 88% lean, which didn’t have a lot of grease. But it’s very easy to drain any additional moisture out of each cup.
Spoon some of that sweet and slightly spicy sauce over each cupcake, then top with potatoes! Serve with your favorite green vegetable. Might I suggest Instant Pot Broccoli or Instant Pot Bacon Green Beans?
I whipped the potatoes with butter and milk with my hand mixer. If you want smooth “frosting,” don’t be like me and make sure to peel your potatoes beforehand.
Use a pastry bag or simply spoon the potatoes on top of the meatloaf. I used this awesome cake decorating tool that I’ve used for so many things like filling whipped cream deviled eggs– way easier to clean than using a pastry bag! Then, top with some extra butter and salt and pepper!
Ps: If you love your own recipe, you can use your own meatloaf recipe and just use the same time listed in mine!
Lisa Childs is the food blogger behind Tried, Tested, and True. Join the hundreds of thousands of people each month that learn from Lisa-
Subscribe to her website, follow her on Instagram at @tried_tested_true, follow her on Pinterest, and find her on Youtube at Tried Tested and True. She is passionate about giving home cooks confidence using their Instant Pots. Make sure to sign up for our email newsletter to hear from personally from her weekly! Learn more about Lisa.
What to serve with Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Broccoli + FAQ
- Instant Pot Artichokes
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Watermelon (Watch to see the EASIEST way to cut it into cubes!)
- Instant Pot Bacon Green Beans
Don’t Forget to Pin this Post!
- 4 med/lg Russet Potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup Chicken Broth (I use water with 1 tsp Better than Bouillon)
- 3 tbsp Butter, to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup Milk or Half and Half, to taste
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 lb Ground Beef (at least 80/20)
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Dried onion flakes, (or fresh)
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2-1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce , optional
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- Wash and Peel potatoes, then dice into large chunks. Add them to the Instant Pot liner with 1 cup chicken broth.
- Gently mix together all the meatloaf ingredients and divide between 7-8 silicone muffin liners (or one small loaf pan/cake pan/aluminum foil bowl that fits inside the Instant Pot).
- Place a trivet, silicone pressure cooking sling, or rack on top of the potatoes and place the meatloafs on top.
- Lock the lid, turn the knob to sealing, and cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes. Allow a 5 minute natural pressure release, then a quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- While pressure cooking, prepare the teriyaki glaze by combining all ingredients in a small pot on the stove. Bring the sauce to a boil, then simmer for about 5 minutes, or until thick. Add additional brown sugar if it's not sweet enough for your taste.
- Carefully remove the meatloaf from the pot, and carefully drain any liquid out of the liners into a heatproof, greaseproof container in the sink. Cover each meatloaf with about a tablespoon of teriyaki glaze.
- Add butter, milk, salt, and pepper to taste to the Instant Pot potatoes, then mash with a potato masher or whip with a hand mixer. Pipe or spoon the potatoes on top of the meatloaf. Broil in the oven for a couple of minutes to brown the potatoes, if desired. Serve with additional potatoes, sauce, and green vegetable of your choice!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g