Author: Lisa Childs
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something I recommend - at no additional cost to you! Thank you for supporting this blog!
This 4 Ingredient Air Fryer Donut Recipe uses frozen dough that proofs in the Instant Pot, and cooks in the Air Fryer for only a couple of minutes. This easy dessert recipe couldn’t be yummier!
Can you make donuts in an Air Fryer?
Yes! You can make donuts in an air fryer without using oil! I love this method because it’s so quick and easy. The air fryer uses convection heat to quickly cook the little bites of dough into air fryer donuts.
Donuts in Air Fryer Recipe
I developed this air fryer donut recipe so it would be simple and delicious. My kids love anything cinnamon flavored, so I thought this would be a perfect special treat.
These air fryer donut bites are dipped in butter and cinnamon sugar, then “fried” in the air fryer. This creates a sugary crust on the outside of the bite, with a soft and fluffy interior.
I tested these air fryer donuts several ways like dipping them after they were cooked, only dipping and coating in cinnamon sugar on one side, and making them whole.
I’m happy to say this is the last, tried and true air fryer donut recipe you need!
Seriously, these are irresistible!
Frozen bread dough Recipes
The best part about this air fryer donut recipe is that it uses frozen bread dough! (I like Rhodes Bread dough best)
The frozen dough proofs (defrosts and rises) in the Instant Pot on the low yogurt setting so it’s ready in a fraction of the time.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot or a yogurt setting (the Lux does not have this feature), you can proof the dough according to the package instructions. This usually takes about 3-5 hours.
I love using this frozen bread dough for this air fryer donut recipe because the flavor is unparallelled and it always works for me.
Air Fryer Donut Recipe
This air fryer recipe uses only 4 ingredients:
- Frozen Bread dough
It’s just a matter of proofing the dough then cutting it into bite sized pieces.
Next, carefully dip each piece of dough in the gooood stuff. Use real butter, never the fake stuff.
Be gentle! You don’t want to deflate the dough!
Last, dip in cinnamon sugar and place in the air fryer basket. It only cooks for a couple of minutes.
Air Fryer Donut Recipe for Beignets
If you don’t fancy the cinnamon sugar variety, you can dip the dough in butter and cook as directed. Then, toss or shake them in powdered sugar for an air fryer beignet!
I liked tossing the cinnamon sugar bites in a little bit of powdered sugar for a pretty presentation.
instant pot AIR FRYER RECIPES
I hope you enjoy these cinnamon sugar air fryer donuts! You can use an Instant Pot air fryer to make this or any other air fryer recipe. Check out these other air fryer recipes on my site:
- Cream Cheese Wontons (Air Fryer or Deep Fried)
- Cookie Dough Dessert Wontons (Air Fryer or Deep Fried)
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs + Air Fryer Hard Boiled Egg Test
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings from Fresh or Frozen
- Baked Potato in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato
- Air Fryer Cookies
- Instant Pot Chicken Legs from Fresh or Frozen (finish them in the air fryer!)
INSTANT POT RECIPES THAT I USE THE AIR FRYER WITH
- The Best Instant Pot Ribs
- Instant Pot Salt Potatoes from Syracuse/Upstate, New York
- Instant Pot Ham and Cheesy Potatoes (ONE POT MEAL)
- Chicken Drumsticks (Instant Pot)
- Instant Pot Broccoli + FAQ
Air Fryer Donuts
- 4 Frozen Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls
- 4 T. Butter melted
- 3 T. Sugar mixed with 1 T. Cinnamon
- Powdered sugar to taste
- Evenly place 4 Rhodes Rolls in a greased Instant Pot. Lock the lid (don’t need to seal), and proof on LOW Yogurt for 2 hours or until double in size. It’s best if the dough does not touch.
- Alternatively, proof the dough in a greased glass pan or cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in a warm place free of drafts for 3-5 hours or until doubles in size. There should be specific instructions on the package.
- After proofing, carefully remove the dough and cut or snip into 4 even pieces with scissors. Do not pull or deflate the dough.
- Dip into melted butter, then cinnamon sugar.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook at 350 for 3-4 minutes. You may have to do multiple batches, depending on the size of your basket.
- Serve with additional powdered sugar, if desired.
I am excited to make these today. Since I have the time I am letting them thaw THEN I will cut and let the dough proof followed by the butter finishing with the cinnamon-sugar mix. Hope this will keep them from deflating when cut after rising.
These were so delicious! I don’t like donuts and these were amazing. Recipe was so simple. I proofed the dough in the instant pot while preparing/eating dinner, then cut the dough with a sharp chef’s knife (didn’t deflate much if I handled the dough carefully), then air fried for 4 minutes in my Cosori air fryer.
WHERE THE HECK IS THE RECIPE?!
right above the comment section 🙂 You can always hit the “jump to recipe” button at the very top as well!