This post may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something I recommend - at no additional cost to you! Thank you for supporting this blog!
Instant Pot Key Lime Pie is a small slice of heaven. This perfectly tart, smooth, sweet recipe tastes exactly like its classic big brother, but in a perfect single portion.
Key lime pie for one
Key lime pie is an ideal treat for a late summer afternoon relaxing in the sun. But what about when you live alone, or just need enough dessert to satisfy your craving without ruining your health and fitness goals?
I’m sure you know the struggle: you want to bake, but no one else will eat your creations. What then? Eat an entire pie yourself? Let the rest go to waste? Both options aren’t the best!
I completely understand and I have a solution! The individual key lime pie.
This single portion key lime pie recipe from my new cookbook is designed to make just one serving, but you can adjust for however many servings you want!
The result is a cute, perfectly portioned mini key lime pie with a delicious graham cracker crust.
Easy key lime pie
Not only is this pressure cooker key lime pie perfect for one serving; it’s really easy! Because this key lime pie recipe uses condensed milk, it has loads of rich sweetness without tons of effort on your part.
This pie bakes in a small ceramic ramekin (I use these!), rather than a traditional pie pan. So you don’t have to worry about buying a mini pie pan.
Instant Pot key lime pie bites
Key Lime Pie Bites are a fun twist on this recipe! These little bites transform a traditional dessert into a creative, refreshing appetizer. They’re super easy to bring to gatherings—a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
To make Instant Pot key lime pie bites is simple!
- Make the crust and divide it evenly in a silicone egg bite mold (about 1-2 teaspoons per bite)
- Make the filling as detailed in the recipe and fill the mold with however large you want each bite.
- Follow the recipe to cook the bites the same way you’d cook the pie in a ramekin.
You can expect to make 5- 7 bites.
How to make Instant Pot key lime pie
Let’s get to it: how do you make mini key lime pies in an Instant Pot?
You’ll note that the ingredients are divided into crust and filling. Mix up the crust ingredients first and press into a ceramic ramekin, then mix up the filling and pour it over the crust.
To cook, cover and steam your mini pie in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes with a natural pressure release, then let it cool to room temperature.
It does require 4-6 hours in the fridge before serving, so be sure to make it ahead of time. I find that it’s a great treat to make on Sunday morning—it’s chilled and ready by dinner time!
More delicious Instant Pot Desserts
- Creme Brulee
- Easy Instant Pot Mango Sticky Rice
- Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot S’mores Cheesecake
- Homemade Carrot Cake
Check out my cookbook for more Instant Pot recipes for one!
If you loved this recipe for one, you’ll really love my cookbook, “I love my Instant Pot: Cooking for One.” It’s a whole book full of my favorite Instant Pot recipes—all modified to the solo chef! Get it at Amazon, Target, and other major retailers!
Instant Pot Mini Key Lime Pie
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lime/key lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup water
- Whipped cream for serving
- To make Crust: Mix together all crust ingredients and press into an 8 oz ramekin. Set aside.
- To make Filling: Mix together all filling ingredients and pour over the crust. Cover with foil.
- Pour water into Instant Pot® and add the trivet.
- Place ramekin onto the trivet.
- Close the lid, turn the knob to Sealing.
- Press Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust time to 10 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, allow 10 minutes to naturally release the pressure, then remove the lid.
- Let the pie cool to room temperature, then refrigerate at least 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream and additional lime zest to garnish.