*This post may contain affiliate links. This means as an Amazon Associate and affiliate for other products, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Air Fryer Broccoli is perfectly tender with crispy edges. This easy, flavorful, and healthy side dish is ready in less than ten minutes!
Air Fryer Broccoli
Lately, I have been trying everything in the air fryer. It never fails to cook quickly, healthily, and deliciously. The air fryer has simplified so many recipes, such as air fryer baked potatoes, air fryer salmon, air fryer hamburgers, sweet potato fries, and even cookies! Broccoli in the air fryer is no exception.
If you love oven roasted vegetables, then you’ll enjoy Air Fryer Broccoli! It’s an easy way to cook broccoli without heating up the oven. The broccoli gets super crispy, yet tender, without drying out like it might in the oven.
If you prefer the taste and texture of steamed broccoli, check out my amazing Instant Pot Broccoli!
In this post, I’ll teach you how to make broccoli in the air fryer.
Roasted Broccoli in the Air Fryer
I love making roasted broccoli as a side dish for basically any meal. I usually purchase a 2-3 pound bag of pre-cut broccoli to save time. It’s so easy to just grab from the fridge.
I use roasted broccoli with eggs in the morning, and as a side dish for lunch and dinner! The air fryer saves time prepping and preheating. I just add some broccoli to the basket and cook. Roasted Broccoli is also nice for making smaller, or single, portions.
What temperature should I cook air fryer broccoli?
I like to cook my roasted broccoli at a higher temperature for a shorter period of time. That way, it doesn’t taste too soggy.
I cook broccoli in the air fryer at 400ºF. Every air fryer cooks slightly differently and yours might cook faster or slower. Simply adjust your cooking temperature as needed.
How to Cook Air Fryer Broccoli
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF.
- Toss broccoli florets in oil, or spray with an oil mister.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the florets to the air fryer basket and cook for 6-9 minutes, tossing or shaking the basket about halfway through cooking.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
Cooking Frozen Broccoli in the Air Fryer
Frozen broccoli is a great way to save time and money. Frozen produce is always fresh, usually affordable, and convenient to have on hand.
You can cook frozen broccoli in the air fryer the same way you would cook fresh broccoli. Frozen broccoli has a different texture than fresh (it’s a little chewier, in my opinion), but it can still crisp up nicely in the air fryer.
Add your frozen broccoli (NOT THAWED) to the preheated basket. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until you get your desired crispiness.
The key to cooking frozen broccoli in the air fryer is to not thaw it! If you thaw it beforehand, it will make the broccoli soggy.
Easy Meal Prep
Air fryer vegetables are a simple, healthy recipe to make ahead for meal prep!
How to Store and Reheat Air Fryer Broccoli
Give the broccoli time to cool down completely. Then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
You can reheat your broccoli in the microwave, but keep in mind that it won’t be as crispy. Simply microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until it’s warmed through.
For the best results, I recommend reheating the broccoli in the air fryer for about 3 minutes, or until it’s warmed through. This will help maintain the crispy texture. Just keep an eye on the broccoli while you reheat to ensure it doesn’t burn.
Variations on Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower: Add both broccoli and cauliflower florets to the air fryer at the same time. Make sure they are cut into uniform pieces, or cut the cauliflower a little bit smaller than the broccoli so they finish cooking at the same time.
- Parmesan Air Fryer Broccoli: If you want to toss the broccoli with a little shredded Parmesan cheese, you can add it to the last 1-2 minute of cooking so it will melt. If you have powdered Parmesan cheese, you can add it after toss in oil. I suggest placing a piece of parchment paper or greased foil on the bottom of your air fryer if you use cheese.
- Oil Free Air Fryer Broccoli: I like to spray or toss my broccoli with oil before cooking, but if you don’t want to use oil, simply omit the grease and season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- No Waste: If you purchase a whole head of broccoli, you can peel the thick stalk, cut it into strips or pieces, and cook just like regular broccoli. It has a really great tender texture and tastes just like broccoli! Plus, the stalk contains the most fiber.
If you like Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli, then you’ll love my Air Fried Green Beans!
Lisa Childs is the food blogger behind Tried, Tested, and True Instant Pot Cooking. Join the hundreds of thousands of people each month that learn from Lisa.
Subscribe to her website, follow her on Instagram at @instantpot_cooking, follow her on Pinterest, Facebook, and find her on Youtube along with her 120,000+ subscribers at Tried Tested and True. She is also the author of the 175 recipe cookbook “I love my Instant Pot – Cooking for One.” Check out Lisa’s favorite Amazon products in her Amazon Storefront. She is passionate about giving home cooks confidence using their Instant Pots.
Recipes to Serve with Broccoli
Here are some of my favorite main dishes to serve with a side of broccoli:
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 4 Ingredient Instant Pot Country Style Ribs from fresh or frozen
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Instant Pot Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings from Fresh or Frozen
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs from Fresh or Frozen
- Instant Pot Crab Legs
- 1/2 lb broccoli, washed and cut into uniform pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or oil spray)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (use slightly less for table salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the air fryer to 400º.
- Toss broccoli florets in oil, or spray with an oil mister. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the florets to the basket, then cook for 6-9 minutes, tossing or shaking the basket about halfway through cooking.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
717 Industries Steamer Basket, Stainless Steel Mesh Strainer Compatible Instant Pot Other Pressure Cookers, Fits 6 & 8 Quart Pots (Grey Silicone Handle)
Oil Sprayer, Oil Sprayer with Olive Oil Holder, Fried Chicken, BBQ, Baking, Barbecue, Air Fryer, Salad, Olive Oil Dispenser
Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer 6 in 1, Best Fries Ever, Dehydrator, 6 Qt, 1500W
MY COOKBOOK! The "I Love My Instant Pot®" Cooking for One Recipe Book
Silicone Hot Pad / Trivet 9"x12"
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g