This post may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something I recommend - at no additional cost to you! Thank you for supporting this blog!
You’ll love this sweet and slightly spicy Jalapeno Lime Cranberry Sauce made in the Instant Pot for your next party appetizer! Eat it atop a cheeseball, or a brick of softened cream cheese. You won’t be able to stop eating it!
Jalapeno Lime Cranberry Sauce
I developed this recipe for a little different take from my 5 minutes, homemade cranberry sauce recipe. It’s a totally different flavor profile, but perfect to use as an appetizer at your next party.
I honestly think I’ll stick a couple bags of cranberries into my freezer so I can make this year-round to put on a charcuterie board!
Homemade Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
My traditional homemade cranberry sauce recipe is best to use for your Thanksgiving turkey plate. It has classic flavors like orange and cinnamon.
Cranberry “Pepper Jelly”
I made this recipe to use as a twist to a regular pepper jelly, which is usually served with cheese or cream cheese. This jalapeno lime cranberry sauce is perfect on top of a cheeseball or cream cheese and served with crackers or crostini.
Perfectly sweet, tart, cinnamon-y, a little spicy, and rounded out from the lime. It’s absolutely amazing!
Jalapeno Lime Cranberry Sauce on a charcuterie board
I served this Jalapeno Lime Cranberry Sauce on a charcuterie board I made for the parents that attended my son’s preschool birthday party… because… who wants to sit around at a 4 year old’s dinosaur party without some good food?
How to make a Charcuterie Board
Charcuterie boards (shar-cute-er-ee) are the perfect thing to have at a party because they require no skill and always make a huge statement. Everyone loves them, and you don’t have to cook much (if any!)
Okay, maybe a tiny bit of design skill, but here’s how to build a simple but scrumptious charcuterie board:
- Get a plate, cutting board, or platter.
- Place a couple large “anchor” things on the plate. Large cheeses, this jalapeno lime cranberry sauce, or a big bunch of grapes.
- Fill in the other spots with smaller groupings of foods with varying textures and flavors.
- I like using vegetables, nuts, meats, cheeses, fruits/berries, and dips. Try and make sure you’re including something crunchy, crispy, sweet, savory, soft, hard, and spicy! That way, everyone gets a little bit of everything they like!
- Arrange everything so the colors and textures are spread throughout and even.
- Then… enjoy!
Jalapeno Lime Cranberry Sauce
- 1 bag fresh Cranberries washed
- 2 cups Sugar
- ½ C. finely diced Jalapenos about 2 large, with the seeds and ribs removed
- 6 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Dash of Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Cold Water
- Juice from half a Lime
- 2 packages Cream Cheese 16 oz
- Combine cranberries, sugar, jalapenos, water, vinegar, cinnamon, and salt in the Instant Pot. Stir.
- Lock the lid, turn the knob to SEALING, and pressure cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow a 5 minute natural pressure release, then release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the lid and press SAUTE on the Instant Pot and adjust to LOW.
- In a small dish, whisk 3 Tablespoons cold water with cornstarch. Bring the sauce to a simmer or low boil. While whisking the sauce, add the cornstarch slurry to thicken.
- Turn off the heat (if it is too bubbly, take the inner pot out of the Instant Pot base and place it on a heatproof surface), and add the juice from half a lime.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or large mason jar and refrigerate until cool. Serve over softened cream cheese with crostini or crackers!