My birthday wish
Thanks for being here! Every year for my birthday (12/13), I like to do something to spread some birthday and Christmas cheer because I absolutely LOVE Christmas. This year, I am hoping to provide a cash gift to as many single moms or dads that truly need it.
Yes, I do know many families with two parents are also struggling at this time and I am not discounting them or am ignorant to those situations. This particular year with the help of my community, I am specifying the nominations to single mothers and/or fathers in need.
Single Moms and My Story
Brett and I were both raised by amazing, resilient, and hard-working single moms. We know first hand how incredibly difficult and thankless the role of a single parent is.
We also have sisters, dear friends, and amazing neighbors that for one reason or another, are single parents. It is a tremendous, exhausting job of doing everything for everyone and rarely getting anything in return.
I remember about 20 years ago around the time my mom had just gotten divorced from my abusive father and was battling cancer and someone left a Christmas miracle on our front porch.
There were boxes and bags of food, and gifts and clothes for me and my siblings. I remember I got a bead set that I absolutely cherished.
To this day, when I see a bead set at the store, I get teary eyed thinking of the compassion and love that someone had to care for someone else in need. It changed my life and I vowed to do my part to pay it forward.
How you can help
I’ve experienced the miracle of Christmas when my family was in so much need. I don’t even know how or why we were helped, but I thank God every day for that experience and it has greatly shaped me into who I am today
If you’d like to be a part of a Christmas miracle for a single mama or parent, I need your help to make this possible! First, with donations, and secondly, with nominations!
I truly need your help, and I know you will show up for me because you have in the past and you have blown me away with your generosity!! The more donations we receive, the more people we can help!!
100% of your donation will go towards the fundraiser if you donate through Venmo, PayPal, or CashApp!!
If you feel compelled to donate to my cause this year, please consider donating through the following avenues:
- Venmo, @lisa-childs-1 (if it asks for the last 4 digits of my phone number, just proceed without entering it).
- PayPal, with email address [email protected] (If you use PayPal, PLEASE send as “friends and family,” otherwise PayPal will take a 3% fee from your donation.
- CashApp– Cashtag is $lisachilds1. If you’re new to CashApp, you can get $10 free if you send $5 and I will also get $10. I WILL DONATE WHATEVER I GET from the CashApp referral to the fundraiser!
- If you cannot donate, please consider visiting or sharing my website or watching my Youtube videos without skipping the ads. I earn revenue for my business through traffic to my site and views on my videos, so if you can support me in that way, I would highly appreciate it. I will be donating a % of my earnings this week to the fundraiser.
- You can also help by sharing about this fundraiser on social media!
If you know someone (whether you are close to them or not) that could truly use some help and cheer this holiday season, please nominate them!! We know that so many wonderful families are out there that need a miracle this Christmas season- a sign that lets them know someone loves and cares about them.
We also know there are so many of us that WANT to give but may not have the means to do so. This nomination may help make that miracle happen.
With that being said, I need nominations!! Please read through the criteria carefully and fill out the nomination form at the bottom of this page.
Please submit your nominations by 11:59 pm on December 13th, 2020.
- Nominees must be a single mother or father (or a single grandparent, aunt, uncle, relative, or guardian that is the primary caregiver to the child).
- You cannot nominate yourself. If you’d like to be nominated, please ask someone who knows your situation to nominate you.
- Nominations may not be anonymous. I need your help to spread the cheer!
- Nominees must reside in the US.
- Nominations must be submitted by 11:59pm MST on December 13th, 2020.
- You must have at least one additional reference for your nominee.
- Nominations will only be accepted through THIS FORM.
Keep reading for FAQs
Questions and Answers
How can I spread the word?
Great question, thanks!! Please share these images on your social media and tag me and the link to this post so we can get as many nominees and donations as possible
What do the nominees get if selected?
I would like to present a cash gift of at least $300 each. After I receive the nominations and the final amount of donations, I will divide the donations evenly among the selected nominees. I hope that we will be able to bless several people this year!!
Who can I nominate?
Please read the criteria above for the requirements. But please, nominate someone who really, truly needs it right now. Surely all of us and especially single parents would love a chunk of cash, but I really want this gift to go to someone who could benefit the most from it. Maybe they may not be in financial distress, but maybe they could really use the gesture to know that someone out there sees them and loves them.
The more detailed and specific reasons you can give for nominating someone, the easier it will be for us to see their needs and see how we can fill it.
Can I nominate more than one person?
Absolutely! Nominate as many people as you want! But please fill out a NEW, different form for each nominee. Do not nominate more than one person/family in one form.
HOW and when WILL THE selected FAMILY BE NOTIFIED?
We need YOUR help with this! If we select your nominee, we will reach out to you for more information and figure out the best way to notify the family of their nomination and selection.
Can I donate?!?!
YES!!! Absolutely!!!! PLEASE! We NEED you to make this possible. Please see the above methods to donate! And THANK YOU!
How can I nominate someone??
USE THIS FORM to Nominate someone today!!